Bloomberg News reported that the United States has deployed its second aircraft carrier to the Middle East.
Following heightened tensions with Iran, the Pentagon announced the deployment of a second aircraft carrier to the region.
U.S. Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth has ordered the deployment of the aircraft carrier Carl Vinson and its accompanying strike group to the Middle East.
This carrier will enter the region after completing exercises in the Indo-Pacific Ocean.
Additionally, the deployment of the Harry S. Truman carrier in the region has been extended.
Pentagon spokesperson Sean Parnell said on Tuesday that this military arrangement is not unprecedented and that the Biden administration also demonstrated such a show of force last year.
He emphasized that the Secretary of Defense has clearly stated that if Iran or its proxy groups threaten U.S. interests and forces, the United States will respond decisively.
On the other hand, the leader of the Islamic Republic warned on Monday that any potential attack by the U.S. or Israel will be met with a decisive retaliatory blow.
These statements were made after U.S. President Donald Trump threatened to bomb Iran if it refused to sign an agreement regarding its nuclear program.
Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi also announced last week that as long as military threats continue, no direct negotiations with the U.S. will take place.
In an interview with NBC over the weekend, Trump said that if an agreement is not reached, bombing will ensue.