The statistics of Chaharshanbe Suri incidents show that the number of injured is 24% more than last year.
The head of Iran’s Emergency Organization says that this year, the number of injured in incidents related to Chaharshanbe Suri has increased by 24% compared to last year.
Jafar Miadfar said that over the past three weeks, 10 people have lost their lives, 37 have suffered amputations, 138 have sustained eye injuries, and 196 have been burned.
According to Mr. Miadfar, 15% of the injured were bystanders.
The head of Iran’s Emergency Organization added that among the injured, 90% were men, 10% were women, and 67% were under 18 years old.
On the evening of Tuesday, March 12, in the last Tuesday of the year, Iranian citizens celebrate Chaharshanbe Suri according to the usual tradition.