The White House National Security Advisor says the prisoner exchange agreement with Tehran is proceeding according to the understanding.
The White House National Security Advisor said on Tuesday, August 22, that the United States believes the understanding with Iran regarding the release of five American citizens remains intact, though he refrained from providing a precise timeline on the matter.
Jake Sullivan, speaking to reporters, assured that the process is progressing according to the agreement reached between Washington and Tehran.
This American official also emphasized that he cannot provide an exact timeline because there are still steps that need to be taken.
Earlier, a spokesperson for the Islamic Republic’s Foreign Ministry had similarly stated that according to Tehran’s information, the implementation of this agreement is proceeding well.
On August 10, the U.S. State Department confirmed that in exchange for the release of five American prisoners, Iran will receive six billion dollars of its oil money that had been frozen in South Korean banks for years.
English
View this article in English