The U.S. Secretary of State says now is the time for a ceasefire agreement in the Gaza war.
The U.S. Secretary of State, who has traveled to Israel, told Isaac Herzog on Wednesday, May 2nd, that now is the time for a ceasefire agreement in the Gaza war.
Antony Blinken has blamed the Hamas group for the delay in reaching an agreement.
Blinken said, ‘We are determined to achieve a ceasefire that brings the hostages home now, and the only reason this ceasefire is not being realized is Hamas.’
Currently, a delegation from this group is in Egypt to negotiate, with the mediation of Egypt and Qatar, about a potential ceasefire agreement and the release of hostages.
The U.S. Secretary of State also met and spoke with the families of Israeli hostages held by Hamas outside a hotel. This is the Secretary of State’s seventh visit since the war between Israel and Hamas began on October 7th last year.